Effective February 2017 until amended.
· Umniah mobile application software (App) [available on our site OR hosted on www.umniah.com/app (App Site), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data Umniah collects from you, or that you provide to Umniah, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated.
· Identity: accounts on the device, profile data
· Phone: may use call logs, directly call phone numbers, read phone status and identity
· Wifi connection information
· Device ID & call information
· Device location (network-based and GPS)
· Send, receive and view SMS messages,
· Make and manage phone calls
· Take pictures and record videos
· Read, modify or delete content of the SD card
· Access full network, receive data from internet, view network connections, view WiFi connection
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Umniah will collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us (Submitted information): This is information you give us about you by filling in forms on the App Site and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, make an in-App purchase, share data via an App's social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and any other activities commonly carried out in connection with an app and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of our Sites. If you contact us, Umniah will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device's phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
· Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit one of our Sites or use one of our Apps we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting, and any other information Umniah may access (Device Information);
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content, check ins, any other information stored on your device (Content Information);
- details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (Log Information)].
· Location information. We also can determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work.
· Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.]
· Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
· Additional information: Umniah may request you to provide additional information such as your credit card number and billing address if you choose to purchase, access and/ or download any services that require a charge.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Operation and improvement of the Site and the delivery of the Services.
· Carrying out of any transactions you may have requested and the collection of any payments due from you.
· Performance of research and analysis aimed at improving Umniah products, services and technologies.
· Display of content and advertising that are customized to your interests and preferences.
· Communicating with you including but not limited to certain mandatory service communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, information on technical service issues, and security announcements.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but We may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, We may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We will use of the personal data We have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
You hereby declare and warrant the following:
· All the information you have provided is true, accurate, current and complete.
· The information and/ or material you have provided is fit for publication and that you hereby undertake to indemnify Umniah if any third party takes action against Umniah in relation to the information and/ or material that you submit.
· You warrant that Umniah may publish the information and/ or material you submit and/or make use of it or any concepts described in it in Umniah products or Services without liability and you agree not to take action against Umniah in relation to it.
· You hereby consent and acknowledge that Umniah may disclose your information and data to third parties for the performance of specific tasks. Such parties will be permitted to obtain only the information they need to perform their tasks, and they will be required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Umniah or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
· To any credit bureau that is currently in place or will be in the future.
· In order to:
· protect the rights, property or safety of Umniah our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
· Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk.
· Although Umniah makes every effort to ensure the security of your data and communications. you are however advised that for reasons beyond Umniah's control, there is a risk that your communications may be unlawfully intercepted or accessed by those other than the intended recipient. You hereby acknowledge that Umniah is unable to exercise control over the security of the Site passing over the Site or via the Services and Umniah hereby excludes all liability of any kind for the transmission and/ or reception of infringing content of whatever nature or for any unauthorized access or loss of information and data that is beyond the reasonable control of Umniah.
· If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a device with anyone you should always choose to log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
· Umniah may monitor and/ or record your emails, text messages or other communications that take place on the Site for security and/ or quality control purposes in accordance with the applicable laws for the purposes of preventing unauthorized use of Umniah's Site and/ or systems.
[We will collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5).
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Limitation of Liability
· Umniah shall under no circumstances assume any responsibility for and shall not endorse unless expressly stated, information and/content created or published by third parties that is included in the App and the Services or which may be linked to and from the App.
· Umniah hereby declares that it shall use its reasonable endeavors to ensure the maintenance and availability of the App and the Services but claims no responsibility and/ or liability under no circumstances for the results of any defects that exist on the App and/ or content.
· Under no circumstances shall Umniah be liable for damages including but not limited to any special, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, negligence, arising out of or in connection with the performance of or use of the App and/ or Services available on the App and in particular, but without limitation to the foregoing, Umniah specifically excludes all liability whatsoever in respect of any loss arising as a result of:
a. any loss of any Services or your content resulting from delays, non-deliveries, missed deliveries, or Services interruptions; and
b. defects that may exist or for any costs, loss of profits, loss of your content or consequential losses arising from your use of, or inability to use or access or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the App and the Services at any time.
· Under no circumstances shall Umniah be liable for the following:
a. any viruses, bugs and/ or any other disabling features that may affect your access to or use of the App and/ or your device.
b. any incompatibility between the App and other web sites, Services, software and hardware and/ or devices.
c. any delays or failures you may experience in initiating, conducting, or completing any transmissions or transactions in connection with the Site in an accurate or timely manner
Your sole and exclusive remedy under this Policy is to discontinue using the App and/ or the Services in case you do not agree with this Policy, or you are not satisfied with the App and/ or Services, or you have any claims whatsoever against Umniah in respect to the App and/ or Services.
Indemnity By You
You hereby undertake to fully indemnify and to hold Umniah harmless in respect of all losses, costs, actions, proceedings, claims, damages, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses), or liabilities, whatsoever suffered or incurred directly of indirectly by Umniah from and against any claim brought by a third party resulting from your breach or non-observance of any of this Policy and/ or the use of the App and the Services or the provision of content to Umniah by you and in consequence of such use of the App and the Services or provision of content.
· Amendment – Umniah reserves the right to amend the Policy, including any charges associated with the use of the App. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Policy, and any additional terms posted on the Site. Your continued use of the App after the effective date of such amendments constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to such amendments.
· Assignment - Umniah may assign this Policy in whole or in part to any third party at its discretion. You hereby undertake that you will not assign, re-sell, sub-lease or in any other way transfer your rights or obligations under this Policy or part thereof.
· Severability - This Policy is severable in that if any provision is determined to be illegal or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be deemed to have been deleted without affecting the remaining provisions of this Policy.
· Waiver - Umniah's failure to exercise any particular right or provision of this Policy shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Umniah in writing.
· Governing Law and Jurisdiction - This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (“Territory”), and you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the competent Courts of Amman/ Abdali.
· Representations - You acknowledge and agree that in agreeing to this Policy you do not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty or understanding (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person (whether party to this Policy or not) other than as expressly set out in this Policy as a warranty.
· Force Majeure - Umniah shall not be liable in respect of any breach of this Policy due to any cause beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to, Act of God, inclement weather, act or omission of Government or public telephone operators or other competent authority or other party for whom Umniah is not responsible.
· Termination, Access Restriction – Umniah hereby reserves the right to terminate this Policy, or terminate or suspend your access to the App and/ or Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Upon such termination or suspension, your right to use the App and/ or Services will immediately cease.
· Language – The Policy was drafted in two original counterparts both in the English and Arabic languages. In the case of contradiction between the two versions, the terms of the English version shall prevail.