The eSIM technology is being provided online for the first time in Jordan, allowing customers to enjoy the latest and greatest technologies without having to visit a physical shop.
Embedded SIM, or eSIM, is a technology that enables you to activate postpaid and prepaid plans without the use of a traditional, physical SIM. With an eSIM, you can accommodate multiple phone numbers, which you can add and configure right from your phone's settings. In contrast, a physical SIM needs to be removed and replaced. This makes e-SIM ideal for switching between different lines on a single device, such as personal and business numbers, without physically swapping SIM cards.
Advantages of eSIM:
- Using multiple lines (for example, one number for work and another one for personal calls).
- Having two or more numbers on the same device.
Difference between the eSIM and the traditional SIM
eSIM is a virtual technology that is embedded within the device (but can also be changed or disconnected). You will receive a QR Code that that needs to be scanned into your device in order to download the eSIM settings to the device being used (mobile, tablet, or other device that supports the technology). Meanwhile, traditional SIM cards are physically removable and replaceable.
Where eSIM is available?
- Umniah Shops
- Umniah eShop press here
Cost of eSIM
Umniah subscribers can receive an eSIM for free, whether they are registering for a new subscription or changing their current line to benefit from eSIM.
How to Activate:
A user will need to receive a QR code to be able to use their eSIM. This can be done either at an Umniah Shop or through Umniah’s eShop.
- Step 1: Go to the settings app on your device and click “add a new cellular plan.”
- Step 2: Scan the provided QR code. The camera app will open. Place the QR code in the view of the camera and wait a few seconds. The camera will auto-detect the QR code and commence scanning. Once scan is complete, the device will detect the plan. Finalize the process by clicking the option to add the plan.
- Step 3: Make the new eSIM your “primary” line and give it the name you desire.
- Note: The eSIM is now installed. The QR code expires the moment it is activated and cannot be used again.
- Step 1: On your device, go to Settings. Clicks on Network and Internet, and again on “Add Cellular Plan.”
- Step 2: Select how to download the eSIM profile. Scan the provided QR code. The camera app will open. Place the QR code in the view of the camera and wait a few seconds. The camera will auto-detect the QR code and commence scanning.
- Step 3: Scan the QR code.
Devices compatible with eSIM
|iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max||iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro,iPhone 11 Pro Max|
|Google Pixel Series 3 & 3a||Google Pixel 4|
|Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus & S20 Ultra||Samsung Galaxy Fold & Flip Z|
|LG G7 ThinQ, LG V35 ThinQ||Huawei P40, P40 Pro|
What are the services available on eSIM?
All prepaid and postpaid services are available on eSIM
How many times can the QR code be used?
The QR Code can only be used once and will expire after the first use.
Is it possible to order eSIM via Umniah app?
Subscribers can order eSIM through Umniah App/eShop for new subscriptions. To change existing subscriptions to use eSIM, users have to visit nearest shop.
Can I use a normal SIM and eSIM together?
Yes, eSIM and normal sim can be used in one device.
Can regular SIMs be converted to eSIM?
Yes, all regular SIMs can be converted to eSIM.
Does eSIM work on Apple, Samsung, and other devices?
This feature depends on the model of the device. Currently, eSIM is supported on: iPhone Xs, Xs MAX, Xr iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max. eSIM also works on Samsung S20 series, Google Pixel Series 3 & 3a, Google Pixel 4, Galaxy Fold & Flip Z, Huawei P40 and Huawei P40 Pro.
How many eSIMs can be downloaded in the device?
Up to 10 eSIMs can be downloaded on a single device.
Can I use eSIM without an ordinary SIM in the device?
Yes, it is possible to use eSIM exclusively 10 GB promotion valid for 1 month for Users who Change their SIM to eSIM and New sale with eSIM
Terms and conditions:
- Change SIM is only available at Umniah Shops
- New Subscriptions are available on both Umniah Shops and Umniah eShop.
- User can use the QR code of one time only
- Deleting the eSIM from Device is a user responsibility
How to get it
Umniah Shops andUmniah eShop