Since its launch in 2005, Umniah continues to gain prominence as one of the region’s fastest-growing and most reliable telecommunications providers. Offering a diverse array of high-quality mobile, internet and enterprise solutions, Umniah has cultivated a loyal customer base of around 3 million customers in one of the region’s most competitive markets.
A subsidiary of Bahrain’s Batelco Group, Umniah quickly earned a reputation for firsts shortly after its inception. The operator was a pioneer in introducing cutting-edge communication technologies that effectively democratized broadband connectivity for both personal and enterprise use. Today, the operator is hailed a leader in embracing the modern digital revolution with an emphasis on core technologies like security, cloud computing, mobile payment, and others.
Over the years, the operator has invested hundreds of millions in the launch of its LTE 4G and LTE Fixed networks, which operates to deliver ultra-fast broadband connectivity to homes and enterprises nationwide. The operator also continues to play a critical role in Jordan’s transformation toward high-bandwidth internet in both homes and businesses, and was a pioneer in delivering fiber-based internet services to Jordanians, offering price-competitive bundles at speeds reaching 300 Mbps.
In 2019, in another groundbreaking achievement, Umniah and the Jordan Electric Power Company (JEPCO) signed an agreement to establish a new company that will create the infrastructure for a large-scale fiber optic network servicing the areas operated by JEPCO, delivering wholesale high-bandwidth internet services to telecom companies and service providers, eventually reaching more than 1.4 million homes and businesses.
In addition to being a Cisco Master Cloud and Managed Services Certified Partner and boasting several ISO certifications, the operator has also signed unprecedented partnerships with international players like Fortinet MSSP and Microsoft CSP to continue broadening the exclusive features of its enterprise services.
Moreover, Umniah's Security Operations Center (SOC) provides a full portfolio of managed security services, which can help organizations to assess and monitor their IT infrastructure, as well as prevent and protect against potential threats. All these services are managed over cloud in partnership with major players in the information security industry. Furthermore, Umniah complements its hosting and cloud services with an extraordinary achievement by launching the first Tier III Design and Constructed Facility certified data center in Jordan by Uptime Institute. The datacenter provides a colocation facility with high availability and state-of-the-art environment, which is yet another asset to Jordan’s growing business landscape.
Through its business incubator, The Tank, the operator provides an open and dynamic platform in which Jordan’s start-up entrepreneurs can receive guidance and support on how to propel the growth of their nascent businesses, benefiting from our diverse partnerships with various startup accelerator programs, companies, and investors that support this endeavor.
Umniah continues its push to pioneer innovative digital solutions that enhance day-to-day experiences, such as smart home automation and security systems, as well as digital financial services such as mobile payments via Mahfazti platform, and its cutting-edge electronic loyalty program, umnicoin through Umniah’s official mobile application.
In 2018, Umniah launched the “Inspired by U” campaign that highlighted the company’s commitment to its customers and how their needs and interests were the primary driver of its growth. It also underscored that Umniah is not merely a telecom operator but a consistently growing lifestyle brand that caters to the changing needs of its customers, leveraging on innovation, agility and cutting-edge technologies to deliver products and services that speak directly to them.
In 2019, the operator was the runner up in the Best Application/Use of Mobile award during the 2018 Gulf Customer Experience Awards, highlighting its commitment to digital transformation. The operator was also named the Best Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) by Fortinet, a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, while its SOC was granted an ISO27001 certification.
For more information, visit www.umniah.com or www.Facebook/umniah or @umniah on Twitter and Instagram, or @umniahjo on SnapChat or call Umniah at 07-88001333.
At Umniah, we always strive to enhance our competitive advantage and to provide advanced, At Umniah, we always strive to enhance our competitive advantage and to provide advanced, content-rich and customer-centric services. As a subsidiary of Batelco Group, we have proven to be pioneers in the development of comprehensive telecom services. We always meet the dynamic needs of our customers, providing them with cutting-edge and innovative technology.Our prominent achievements include:
- Umniah received international recognition as Jordan’s fastest mobile network in 2016, certified from Speedtest by Ookla; the global leader in internet testing and metrics.
- In Q1 2016 and for the first time in Jordan, Umniah launched its high-speed Internet service via its LTE 4G Mobile Network “evo 4G” and its LTE Fixed Network.
- Umniah’s Intelligent Network and Value Added Services (VAS) platforms offer a variety of existing and new services. The features distinguish Umniah subscribers from others.
- In addition to superior voice services, we provide high bandwidth for all data applications, with an SMS gateway and GPRS/EDGE nationwide coverage.
- For the First Time in Jordan, Umniah launches “Mahfazati” for comprehensive mobile financial services, globally known as the Mobile Wallet.
- Umniah was the first telecom operator to adopt the unprecedented per-second billing for both prepaid and postpaid customers in the region. This positively and tangibly impacted the local market and telecom services. Our per-second billing allows all Umniah subscribers to pay for the exact air time used to the nearest second.
- Umniah was also the first operator in Jordan to introduce lower denomination scratch cards. This made recharging prepaid lines more flexible and affordable for our prepaid customers. This is in line with our longstanding policy to provide quality services at highly competitive prices.
- Umniah further strengthened its role as a market pioneer through the introduction of its ‘Aghanilak’ ringback tone service. This was the first service of its kind in Jordan. Subscribers can replace the standard ring tone heard by incoming callers with a personalized audio selection that includes jingles, songs and sound effects.
- Umniah was the first to offer the easy-to-use interactive Unstructured Supplementary Services Data (USSD) menu, giving customers access to both infotainment as well as customer care services.
- Umniah was the first mobile operator in the Middle East to offer Voice SMS services for its customers. This service enables users to send voice messages to one another rather than typing messages, making it a faster, more efficient and reliable service.
- Umniah was the first operator in Jordan to introduce Umax, its own brand for WiMAX (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access). This state-of-the-art technology provides Internet users with high quality access to the Internet with no need for a landline.
- Last but not least, Umniah was the first in Jordan to implement the fastest 3.75G network in the Kingdom, which offers great coverage nationwide.
Umniah’s simple and minimalist logo, coupled with its unique and easily-identifiable color, created high recognition in a short period of time and established Umniah as a young, modern, innovative, ambitious, customer-centric, and down-to-earth brand.
With its two diverging circles, inspired by the concept of converging ‘thought bubbles’, the logo represents ongoing innovation with infinite growth and potential.
At Umniah’s original launch, our slogan was ‘Be Heard’. It expressed a dedication to effective communication with subscribers, and a commitment to providing them with high quality modern telecom services and solutions.
As Umniah’s operations reached a deeper level of maturity, we wanted to adopt a new and more encompassing message which also incorporated the ethos of ‘Be Heard’. Therefore, Umniah launched its ‘Belong’ culture in March 2010. This message builds upon solid relationships we have nurtured with the local community.
Umniah: Inspired by U
U are our inspiration and U are our priority!
- Moving forward for U
- Keeping up with U
- Innovating for U
- Stronger with U
- Motivated by U
- Inspired by U
We thank all our customers for all the past experiences we went through together, and we promise to keep evolving to serve your ambitions and dreams. You are our focus and inspiration. We develop and innovate for You…
Umniah has a strong ethos and a business philosophy in Digital Transformation which drive our decisions. A key factor behind Umniah’s success is its sound and calculated business strategies. We aim to provide a comprehensive range of digitized telecom solutions that include advanced mobile, Internet, and business solutions services at competitive prices, balancing quality with value for money. Umniah’s dedication to serving customers as our first priority has produced a keen corporate interest in the latest market developments and evolving needs of consumer segments.
Our approach takes into consideration both individuals and corporate subscribers in our comprehensive provision of Internet, mobile, and business solutions. We pride ourselves in upholding our promise to provide high quality services at competitive prices. The Umniah Belong culture plays a critical role in strengthening our relations with our stakeholders and in instilling mutual trust. As a result, we now hold greater responsibility to maintain our advanced standards of operations. We guarantee an unprecedented service to all those who belong to the Umniah family.
At Umniah’s original launch, our slogan was ‘Be Heard’. It expressed a dedication to effective communication with subscribers, and a commitment to providing them with high quality modern telecom services and solutions. As Umniah’s operations reached a deeper level of maturity, we wanted to adopt a new and more encompassing message which also incorporated the ethos of ‘Be Heard’.
Therefore, Umniah launched its ‘Belong’ culture in March 2010. This message builds upon solid relationships we have nurtured with the local community. It developed our existing values, directions, and beliefs in a message of inclusivity. Through this culture Umniah has endeavored to enrich the way it communicates and interacts with all its strategic partners and stakeholders. This is not just a corporate message, but an ethos that extends to our implementation of socially responsible initiatives, activities, and future campaigns.
We belong to a number of platforms that include education, knowledge, creativity, innovation, arts and culture, sports, adventure, environment, health, and others, in addition to youth and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives. We want to positively contribute as an integral part of all the initiatives we belong to.