Umniah stands out in one of the region’s most competitive markets as the fastest growing and most trusted telecommunications provider. Since its launch in June 2005, Umniah has achieved a strong presence in the Jordanian telecom market by offering high-quality mobile, internet, and business solutions while keeping abreast of the latest industry trends and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Umniah consistently contributes to the development of Jordan’s telecommunications services by maintaining steady growth in the areas of mobile and Internet subscriptions. The company boosted the Jordanian mobile market penetration from 38% in 2005 to more than 157% in 2016, proving itself as a driving force in the expansion of the ICT sector.
A subsidiary of Batelco Bahrain, Umniah acquired Batelco Jordan in 2008, which brought new infrastructure and human resources to the company: notably, the acquisition made possible the launch of Umniah Business Solutions, diversifying and enriching the company’s offerings to completely satisfy Jordanian telecommunication needs.
With the launch of its ultra-fast 3.75G network under the commercial brand “evo” in 2012—powered exclusively by HSPA+ technology—the company now supplies record-speed broadband Internet connections across the Kingdom. In 2015, Umniah invested hundreds of millions of dollars to expand and upgrade its existing 3G network, and for the first time in Jordan in 2016, it launched its high-speed Internet service via its LTE 4G Mobile Network “evo 4G” and its LTE Fixed Network. And while its network helped deliver record-speed connectivity to its customers, Umniah has won the 2016 Fastest Network Award in Jordan, certified from Speedtest by Ookla.
Umniah continues to expand on yearly basis and is distinguished in establishing strategic partnerships with many international players like Cisco, Microsoft CSP, and IBM Security, allowing Umniah to collaborate with these companies in order to offer exclusive services to its customers.
Also and as part of Umniah’s commitment to keeping abreast of latest global trends towards the Internet of Things (IoT) and machine-to-machine communication, Umniah is always keen to enhance the day to day experience for the end user by launching first of its kind innovative digital solutions as Smart Home automation, tracking systems and others.
In March 2013, Umniah announced its partnership with Plug and Play, a California-based startup accelerator: this shared initiative has helped Umniah reach out to Jordan’s young entrepreneurs by offering them the opportunity to obtain invaluable knowledge, experience, and insight through a program held in Silicon Valley, USA, and as a second phase, Umniah in 2014 launched in Jordan its Innovation Center “The Tank” at the King Hussein Business Park to have more startups benefit from this program.
Umniah has also partnered with many NGOs and initiatives since its founding, which provides the basis for Umniah’s stellar reputation as a socially responsible company. Umniah’s ‘Belong’ platforms allow the company to reach out to the community in a sustainable and high-impact way, through involvement in aspects of society including innovation, education, arts and culture, sports, healthcare, environment, adventure and others.
Umniah’s focus on the youth, the largest segment of Jordanian society, was demonstrated by the launch of its new platform “Shababi” in 2015, which offers an entertainment experience and demonstrates Umniah’s continuous focus on improving and promoting value-for-money services to this vital sector.
Since its inception, Umniah has worked to advance women’s empowerment and inclusion both in the workplace and in the communities in which it operates, and as such became a signatory to the United Nations Global Women’s Empowerment Principles in 2015.
With a subscriber base that exceeds 4 million and a market share of more than 30%, Umniah will continue to grow by adhering to its core values of innovation and customer-centricity. Its comprehensive selection of innovative services and business solutions means that everyone can “belong” to the Umniah community.
At Umniah, we always strive to enhance our competitive advantage and to provide advanced, At Umniah, we always strive to enhance our competitive advantage and to provide advanced, content-rich and customer-centric services. As a subsidiary of Batelco Group, we have proven to be pioneers in the development of comprehensive telecom services. We always meet the dynamic needs of our customers, providing them with cutting-edge and innovative technology.Our prominent achievements include:
- Umniah received international recognition as Jordan’s fastest mobile network in 2016, certified from Speedtest by Ookla; the global leader in internet testing and metrics.
- In Q1 2016 and for the first time in Jordan, Umniah launched its high-speed Internet service via its LTE 4G Mobile Network “evo 4G” and its LTE Fixed Network.
- Umniah’s Intelligent Network and Value Added Services (VAS) platforms offer a variety of existing and new services. The features distinguish Umniah subscribers from others.
- In addition to superior voice services, we provide high bandwidth for all data applications, with an SMS gateway and GPRS/EDGE nationwide coverage.
- For the First Time in Jordan, Umniah launches “Mahfazati” for comprehensive mobile financial services, globally known as the Mobile Wallet.
- Umniah was the first telecom operator to adopt the unprecedented per-second billing for both prepaid and postpaid customers in the region. This positively and tangibly impacted the local market and telecom services. Our per-second billing allows all Umniah subscribers to pay for the exact air time used to the nearest second.
- Umniah was also the first operator in Jordan to introduce lower denomination scratch cards. This made recharging prepaid lines more flexible and affordable for our prepaid customers. This is in line with our longstanding policy to provide quality services at highly competitive prices.
- Umniah further strengthened its role as a market pioneer through the introduction of its ‘Aghanilak’ ringback tone service. This was the first service of its kind in Jordan. Subscribers can replace the standard ring tone heard by incoming callers with a personalized audio selection that includes jingles, songs and sound effects.
- Umniah was the first to offer the easy-to-use interactive Unstructured Supplementary Services Data (USSD) menu, giving customers access to both infotainment as well as customer care services.
- Umniah was the first mobile operator in the Middle East to offer Voice SMS services for its customers. This service enables users to send voice messages to one another rather than typing messages, making it a faster, more efficient and reliable service.
- Umniah was the first operator in Jordan to introduce Umax, its own brand for WiMAX (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access). This state-of-the-art technology provides Internet users with high quality access to the Internet with no need for a landline.
- Last but not least, Umniah was the first in Jordan to implement the fastest 3.75G network in the Kingdom, which offers great coverage nationwide.
Umniah’s simple and minimalist logo, coupled with its unique and easily-identifiable color, created high recognition in a short period of time and established Umniah as a young, modern, innovative, ambitious, customer-centric, and down-to-earth brand.
With its two diverging circles, inspired by the concept of converging ‘thought bubbles’, the logo represents ongoing innovation with infinite growth and potential.
At Umniah’s original launch, our slogan was ‘Be Heard’. It expressed a dedication to effective communication with subscribers, and a commitment to providing them with high quality modern telecom services and solutions.
As Umniah’s operations reached a deeper level of maturity, we wanted to adopt a new and more encompassing message which also incorporated the ethos of ‘Be Heard’. Therefore, Umniah launched its ‘Belong’ culture in March 2010. This message builds upon solid relationships we have nurtured with the local community.
Umniah: Inspired by U
U are our inspiration and U are our priority!
- Moving forward for U
- Keeping up with U
- Innovating for U
- Stronger with U
- Motivated by U
- Inspired by U
We thank all our customers for all the past experiences we went through together, and we promise to keep evolving to serve your ambitions and dreams. You are our focus and inspiration. We develop and innovate for You…
Umniah has a strong ethos and a business philosophy in Digital Transformation which drive our decisions. A key factor behind Umniah’s success is its sound and calculated business strategies. We aim to provide a comprehensive range of digitized telecom solutions that include advanced mobile, Internet, and business solutions services at competitive prices, balancing quality with value for money. Umniah’s dedication to serving customers as our first priority has produced a keen corporate interest in the latest market developments and evolving needs of consumer segments.
Our approach takes into consideration both individuals and corporate subscribers in our comprehensive provision of Internet, mobile, and business solutions. We pride ourselves in upholding our promise to provide high quality services at competitive prices. The Umniah Belong culture plays a critical role in strengthening our relations with our stakeholders and in instilling mutual trust. As a result, we now hold greater responsibility to maintain our advanced standards of operations. We guarantee an unprecedented service to all those who belong to the Umniah family.
At Umniah’s original launch, our slogan was ‘Be Heard’. It expressed a dedication to effective communication with subscribers, and a commitment to providing them with high quality modern telecom services and solutions. As Umniah’s operations reached a deeper level of maturity, we wanted to adopt a new and more encompassing message which also incorporated the ethos of ‘Be Heard’.
Therefore, Umniah launched its ‘Belong’ culture in March 2010. This message builds upon solid relationships we have nurtured with the local community. It developed our existing values, directions, and beliefs in a message of inclusivity. Through this culture Umniah has endeavored to enrich the way it communicates and interacts with all its strategic partners and stakeholders. This is not just a corporate message, but an ethos that extends to our implementation of socially responsible initiatives, activities, and future campaigns.
We belong to a number of platforms that include education, knowledge, creativity, innovation, arts and culture, sports, adventure, environment, health, and others, in addition to youth and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives. We want to positively contribute as an integral part of all the initiatives we belong to.